Friday, October 30, 2015

604 Just Eat: Japanese Cuisine @ NAO Sushi

Oct 2nd, 2015 

NAO Sushi @ Kingsway Burnaby

Food:  3.5/5   Service:  3/5   Atmosphere:  3/5   Price:  Avg. $15 person

 NAO Sushi is located on Kingsway in Burnaby.  We came in for lunch on Friday and this was my first time visit.  The restaurant was extremely packed and busy during lunch time.  The food was great; however, service needed improvement.  We only waited for 5 minutes for the table but the food came quite slow.  I would not mind waiting as long as the dishes were delicious.


Dynamite Combo @ $9.95
Nigiri Sushi:  Tuna, Salmon, Ebi
Roll Sushi:  Dynamite, Spicy, Negitoro
4 of us shared the combo to try out the sushi roll.  I was surprised how decent and fresh the sushi were.  The tuna sushi and negitoro roll were so fresh and tasty! 

 Kamameshi Gozen & Sashimi @ $13.95
Salad, Sashimi & Kamaenshi
The salad was standard one, typical dressing.  I like the preserved vegetables a lot!

Very generous portions; the sashimi was very fresh and sweet!  The tuna sashimi was the highlight of the lunch set!  absolutely delicious; it was melted in my mouth. 

The kamameshi was interesting one.  It took 20 minutes to cook the rice with vegetables, meats and seafood in the iron pot.  The rice was a bit mushy; not the rice texture I like. 

I would say NAO Sushi is one of the budget Japanese restaurant for some good quality sashimi and sushi.  I like NAO Sushi more when compared with Asakusa Sushi; I still think Sushi Garden is still the best among budget sushi joint.  I am amazed for what I had the lunch set at this price point.  Too bad NAO Sushi is not too closed to office; otherwise, I think we will come again often!
 
7060 Kingsway, Burnaby     
NAO Sushi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment