Saturday, June 27, 2015

604 Just Eat: Japanese Ramen @ Yah Yah Ya Ramen

Jun 13th, 2015

Yah Yah Ya Ramen @ Central Richmond

Food:  4/5   Service:  3/5   Atmosphere:  3.5/5   Price:  Avg. $18/person

There are a lot of famous ramen joints in Downtown area but not the same case in Richmond.  There is only a few but they are not that tasty.  Yah Yah Ya Ramen is located next to Richmond Sushi in Union Square, Richmond; the same mall that we had Hainanese chicken last week.  I know Yah Yah Ya has been opened for quite a while already.  I still remember the day hubby and I wanted to go to the Taiwanese restaurant for lunch (former restaurant) then we realized that it was closed and replaced by Yah Yah Ya.  I WAS SO SAD and we did not go in.  Finally we decided to give it a try this ramen joint when I needed to pick a place for dinner in Richmond.
MUST EAT:  SHOYU RAMEN & SALMON DON

   Bright and clean.

Very comfortable seating and space compared with other ramen joints.

Ie-Kei Soup - Yah Yah Ya's unique soup base, also called "Pork Soy Sauce" soup.

I like the idea that we can choose the levels of taste (heavy, normal, light), noodle (soft, normal, hard) and oil (less, normal, heavy).

I picked their NO.1 Ramen - Shoyu Ramen + Mini Salmon Don + Ocha drink set @ $16.75
Taste, Noodle and Oil - choice of normal for all
The ramen was soooooo good! 
  The broth here was very thick, flavorful and rich but not salty at all. I like the broth the most, it was very hot when serving and still hot enough when I was about to finish it.
The noodle was good in texture, thick and chewy.  The chashu was too soft like almost melted in my mouth; somewhat I did not really like this texture.


Surprisingly delicious!  The salmon was lightly grilled and they added the mayonnaise (the brand with a baby logo) with raw green onions which made it so flavorful.  LIKE!

My hubby's choice:  Black Tonkotsu Ramen + Onigiri + Ocha drink set @ $13.50
Taste, Noodle and Oil - choice of normal for all
Hubby said my Shoyu was better taste but his Tonkotsu was still good too.  The toasted seaweed was still crispy when serving.  He did not like the chashu texture either; indeed, overall quality was good!

Onigiri - No crispy texture on the outside because of no grilling.  Skip it.

Ocha - Good alternative choice instead of soft drinks.

 As a Ramen Lover, Yah Yah Ya did give us a big surprise!!!  We enjoyed their ramen so much!  We will definitely come back when I have ramen craving.  I would go for addition toppings of more green onion and button corn next time.
 
Union Square, 1423-8388 Capstan Way, Richmond    
Click to add a blog post for Yah Yah Ya Ramen on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment