Monday, March 16, 2015

604 Just Eat: Japanese Style Cafe @ Basho Cafe

Mar. 7th, 2015

Basho Café @ East Village

Food:  4/5   Service:  3.5/5   Atmosphere:  4/5   Price:  2.5/5

LIKE LIKE LIKE!!! Finally we made it! 
I have been dying to come here for a long time.  I heard lots of good comments and reviews about this smoking popular café and I know the reason why now! 
How can I not love this adorable cute little café? 
I love the warm hearted and homey atmosphere and the adorable theme setting!!! 

 It's incredibly cute!!!  It's all hand made here, not only the food!

We ordered the Tuna Tataki with Salad + Pulled Pork with Salad Lunch Sets
The sets come with soup, baked mini sweets and tea.

Tuna Tataki with Salad
Fresh tuna was lightly seared in a perfect texture.  It was amazing good and delicious to eat with the ginger ponzu sauce.  The ginger ponzu sauce was light and refreshing which made the fish and salad very flavorful and great delight.

Pulled Pork with Salad
 Teriyaki pulled pork was tender and tasty, not greasy at all.  I regretted that I should order the option of rice bowl instead.  It must be heavenly good!

Matcha Latte [Left] & Matcha Mocha [Right]
The matcha latte is unsweetened, very Japanese matcha flavor unlike those green tea latte you can have at Starxxxks. It was wonderful to sip my bowl of matcha after a full meal!
My husband likes the matcha mocha more than the latte.  It was creamy and blended perfectly with the hints of nice coffee flavor. 

Japanese baked Sweets
The lunch set comes with 3 mini sweets but my eyes cannot leave the shelves...

Therefore, Dah Dah~~~I bought assorted baked goods home to satisfy my sweet tooth.  I like the "Mochi Mochi" cakes the best!  Matcha muffin and cookies are good too!

Mochi Mochi Red Bean 
Look the mochi inside!!
My Top Favorite:  Mochi Mochi Matcha
OMG delicious!!!  The mochi inside was so spongy and chewy. This moist cake was just about right to enhance the matcha flavor. 
 
*Absolutely fall in love with Basho and I cannot wait to come visit again. 
Love the simple delicious meals, drinks and baked goods here.  I can tell the owners have contributed lots of love, time and efforts on processing and cooking.  Thumbs up!
 
Basho Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment