Monday, March 16, 2015

604 Just Eat: Taiwanese Cafe @ Chamonix [夏慕尼]

Feb. 28th, 2015

Chamonix [夏慕尼] @ Number 3 Road

Food:  1/5   Service:  1/5   Atmosphere:  1.5/5   Price:  1.5/5

Chamonix is a Taiwanese café located on No. 3 road; it is in the plaza next to Brighouse sky train station.  This was my first visit and I am sure I will not come back again.
 
I would say the décor and furniture are quite modern and fusion. 
 
Plastic "Hello Kitty" cups and colorful plastic chopsticks??!!  I do not know whether they purposely use these cartoons utensil but this is totally not matching with the décor theme.
 
 Temporary menu I guess. 
 
Iced Milk Tea with Oatmeal and Tapioca
Hot Milk Tea with Oatmeal
Below average level among the bubble tea places in Richmond.  The tapioca wasn't well cooked thoroughly and the milk tea was too sweet.
The oatmeal all sank to the bottom and no spoon was provided for the Hot Milk Tea until we asked for it. 
 
I am a big fans of Taiwanese dishes and bubble tea; none of the dishes below taste like traditional Taiwanese dishes at all.
Wontons in Chili Sauce
Huge size wontons, a rather bland spicy sauce.
 
 Taiwanese Stirred-fry Rice Noodles
Huge portion, tasteless.
 
Crispy Chicken Wings
Very salty and the most important thing is, this does not look like Taiwanese deep fried wings to you, am I correct?!
 
Overall, it was a very awful experience in terms of the food quality and services.  2 servers in the restaurant seemed very busy when there were only 4 tables of customers.  I took a long time to get the attention from the server just to add some tea. 
 

6360 Number 3 Rd Richmond, BC V6Y 2B3 
Chamonix 夏慕尼 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment