Monday, March 16, 2015

604 Just Eat: Desserts @ Crackle Crème

Mar. 13th, 2015

Crackle Crème  @ Chinatown

Food:  2.5/5   Service:  1.5/5   Atmosphere:  2.5/5   Price: 2.5/5

My husband and I decided to go for some desserts after dinner on Friday night.   Crackle Crème is a fairly small dessert café located at Chinatown.  This café serves both artisan crème brulee and authentic Belgian liege waffles; all are made in house here.  I am a sweet tooth and love crème brulee.  However, my happy mood and love were blowing off by the owner's face.  No greeting no smile at all.  He had no facial expression when I asked him about the favors of crème brulee.  O well.. I started thinking that did I do something offend him when I entered the café.          

Menu Board

Great selection of Crème Brulee.  Many interesting and Asian flavors like pandan coconut and Durian!
 
 Salted Caramel Crème Brulee
The texture was firm and super creamy.  The custard was smooth and tasty; rich flavor of salted caramel but quite sweet to me.  The top sugar layer was nice and crunchy. 
 
 Belgian liege waffles with Nutella Drizzle
 Very ordinary.  Not fresh and hot enough. 
 
 
Although the service is not there, I would probably come back to try more crème brulee in the future.

Chinatown, 245 Union St Vancouver, BC V6A3A1
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/1857248/restaurant/Chinatown/Crackle-Creme-Vancouver Crackle Crème on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment