Monday, September 28, 2015

604 Just Eat: Taiwanese Cusine @ Wei Dao Cafe

Aug 15th, 2015 

Wei Dao Cafe @ Burnaby

Food:  3.5/5   Service:  3.5/5   Atmosphere:  3.5/5   Price:  Avg. $20 person

We were on Kingsway and passed by Wei Dao Café, a new Taiwanese Restaurant in Burnaby.  We ended up decided to give it a try.  Wei Dao has a wide selections and varieties of dishes other than Taiwanese.  Wei Dao also serves dishes and desserts in Chinese styles (Canton or Hong Kong).
 The environment is clean and comfortable.

Deep Fried Chicken Nugget @ $6.95
Crispy and well seasoned.


 Sour Cabbage & Fish Hot Pot@ $11.95
The Taiwanese hot spicy soup was too much for me so I only ate small pieces of fish.  Hubby finished the whole bowl of it.  Although it was too hot spicy, the flavor was actually good and tasty.  The sour cabbage made a good balance with the spicy flavors.  If possible, I would ask if they can tune down to make it less spicy next time.

Special Beef Noodles in Soup @ $8.95
Huge bowl of noodles and looked like I cannot finish it at all!  The braised beef was soft and tender.  Noodles was thick and chewy.  However, the beef broth was not rich enough.  It did not have the pleasant and savory taste and aroma of beef noodles that I had in Taiwan.

My Hubby:  Green Milk Tea with Grass Jelly @ $4.50
 Too sweeten for hubby when we asked for 1/2 sweet.

My Wheat Germ Milk Tea with Pearl @ $4.50
Strongly recommend to ask for less sweetness next time.  I actually asked for 1/2 sweet but it tasted like regular sweetness to me.  The pearl size was the small one like the one I had in Taiwan; mildly sweeten and chewy.  LIKE!

 Wei Dao Café is somewhat similar style to Pearl Castle.  Overall the food quality was good in big portions.  I still like the traditional Taiwanese dishes more like Dr. Lu.  We would come back if we swing by the area in the future. 
 
5595-B Kingsway, Burnaby    
Wei Dao Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment