Monday, May 30, 2016

604 Just Eat: Pub Food @ I Darts Color

March 29th , 2016

I Darts Color @ Kitsilano

Food:  3/5   Service:  3.5/5   Atmosphere:  3.5/5   Price:  Avg. $40/person

I Darts Color is located on West Broadway near Vine Street, a new dart pub in Kitsilano area.  One of our friends suggested us to come here for food and drinks, this was my first visit here.  The pub was very spacious and comfortable with lots of fancy dart machines.  I am not a dart lover, so we skipped it for the night.  Usually dart bars and pubs only serve traditional pub food which I am not that interested.  I was surprised that the appys here with lots influences of Asian tastes, very interesting.


We ordered 6 appy samplers and 2 mains.  The appetizers are available on the pub menu but not the mains yet.  We were so lucky to try the mains too when they were not official dishes on the menu!  I forgot to take a picture of the pub menu so I tried to “make up” the name with good description in details.  Lol.


My drink
i forgot the name.  Fresh orange/grapefruit flavors with a note of honey, taste delicious!

Cesar Salad
Standard one.


Edamame
It was a great snack to pair with a drink!  The spicy flavors were added to the edamame which made it prefect combo with a beer or a drink.   


Baguette with Cheese and Truffle oil
Delicious!  I could not image to see this appy at a dart pub! 


Croquette
Crispy on the shell and piping hot smashed potatoes in curry flavor inside, pair with the Japanese sauce which was my favorite.


Bacon and Cheese Spring roll
A lil oily and salty to me.  It would be good to be less salty and add the sweet flavor.


Vietnamese Sandwich
Surprised they serve Vietnamese sandwich!  I like the smaller size round shape bun which was easier to share.  I had a bite then realized the bread was not baguette style, it was a deep fried Chinese steamed bun.  The bun was very crispy on the outside and very soft and chewy inside.  The filling was good too.


Risotto with Salmon and Soft boiled egg
I like the salmon the best, fresh and pan sealed with a very light seasoning.  The soft boiled egg was good too, creamy yolk to add a layer of flavor with the salmon and rice.  The risotto was okay, a lil salty.


Chicken Linguine
Honestly I was too full so i did not eat much of it.  Too much cheese was added so the flavor was too strong. 

It was a new experience at a dart pub.  I think I Darts Color is more than just a dart pub, it is also a good place to have a drink with some nice appys to spend a night with friends.  I like the apply dishes more than than mains.  It would be great if the dishes can be less seasoning, they were alil salty to me.  Although I am not a fan of darts, it’s still nice to see a better option available in town!


2287 W Broadway Vancouver 
I Darts Color Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment