Sunday, May 15, 2016

604 Just Eat: Japanese Cuisine @ Sanpoutei

March 13th , 2016

Ramen @ Richmond

Food:  2.5/5   Service:  3/5   Atmosphere:  3.5/5   Price:  Avg. $15/person

I needed a bowl of noodles in rich and piping hot soup!  Hubby suggested to go Sanpoutei, he ate once there when I was out of town earlier.  There are a lot of famous and delicious ramen joints in Downtown but not the same story in Richmond.  It was good to know that there is a new ramen joint now!  Sanpoutei is located on No. 3 road, heard the house made noodles was really famous and the lineup is always crazily long.  How could I not visit?!  LOL.  We were there 8ish on a Sunday night and so lucky that we got to sit down after 5 minutes.   
Shoyu Ramen
The noodles was really good, chewy texture but it was not the thick noodles I like the most.  Portion was relatively small compared with other ramen joints.  Chashu was okay, standard quality but not impressive.  The soft boiled egg was not as good as other ramen joints, the yolk was not creamy.  The broth was very thick texture, rich flavors and oily to keep the broth hot enough when I was about to finish it.  It was a lil bit salty to me so I did not drink the soup much but I still felt so thirsty all night after the ramen.  No good.
Tori X Spicy Miso Ramen
Hubby felt very thirsty too after the ramen.  


No special.

We are ramen lover so we have set high expectations, I would say Sanpoutei did not give us any surprise and definitely not the best ramen among the latest new Ramen joints.  
4328 Number 3 Road, Suite 160, Richmond
Sanpoutei Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment