Friday, April 17, 2015

604 Just Eat: Italian Cuisine @ Ask For Luigi

Apr. 5th, 2015

Ask For Luigi @ Gastown

Food:  4/5   Service:  3/5   Atmosphere:  3/5   Price:  Avg. $55/person

If you are Italian food lover, highly recommend you to "Ask for Luigi"! 
 
Ask For Luigi, a little Italian joint at the corner of Alexander Street and Gore Ave. 
It is one of the smoking HOT and BUSY restaurants in town.

My good friend picked this place for dinner the night before leaving town.  I would not mind facing line up for delicious dishes so we were there around 6:15pm.

We were told about 1-hr wait.  I gave them my mobile number and they sent me SMS text message when the table is ready.  Simple and efficient.  We walked around the Gastown area while waiting.  The wait ended up taking 45-min.  It was not that bad! 
I love the wooden interior, warm and cozy atmosphere.

Must Eat:  Luigi's Meatballs & Pappardelle & Duck Ragu
We picked 3 antipasti to share:
Bison Tartar & Tuna Aioli Bruschetta @ $12
Fresh and delicious.

'Chef Salad' Brussels, Pork Belly, Sweetbreads, Agro Dolce @ $14
Surprise!  It was a warm salad.  The pork belly was good.

Luigi's Meatballs @ $15
It was excellent!  Very flavorful and tender meatballs. The sauce was rich and tasty.

Entrée for my friend and her hubby:
Ricotta Ravioli, Eggplant, Olive & Tomato Sauce @ $19
My friend said it was good and her husband's spaghetti was better.

Spaghetti, Lining Cod 'Bolognese' & Clams @ $20
I tried a bit of it and the sauce was fantastic!  The best pasta we picked tonight.  Absolutely delicious. 

Entrée for hubby and myself:
Saffron Risotto, Lamb Sausage & Peas @ $19
 It was okay, a lil salty to me.

Pappardelle & Duck Ragu @ $21
Pleasant aroma and super tasty.  The house made pasta was so good!   
The pasta was freshly made in-house and cooked in perfect texture.
Outstanding and impressive!

 Olive Oil Cake @ $8
Moist and spongy.  Tasted so good with the fresh whipped cream.  Delightful!
 
Everything was so delicious!  Limited items on menu but all dishes were decent and well prepared.  Great place for causal dining.   
I would not mind the long wait and definitely come back to try more dishes. 
 
305 Alexander St Vancouver, BC V6A1C4
http://www.askforluigi.com/
Ask for Luigi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment