Friday, November 20, 2015

604 Just Eat: Japanese Ramen @ Kintaro

Oct 29th, 2015

Kintaro Ramen @ West End

Food:  4.5/5   Service:  3.5/5   Atmosphere:  4/5   Price:  Avg. $12/person

Kintaro Ramen, one of the original ramen joints for authentic Japanese noodles on Deman Street at West End area.  Kintaro is my all time favorite!  Their quality standard has remained very stable all these years.  After trying all the new ramen joints arrival to Vancouver,   I still have to say Kintaro is still the best overall.  We came here around 8ish and so lucky that we got to sit down after only 5 minutes wait. 
  Must Eat:  Miso Ramen

 Cheese Ramen @ $11.75
Noodles for Hubby.  Two kinds of cheese melted into the noodles and broth; bravo!  No options of light, medium or rich broth richness for cheese ramen.  Hubby picked lean pork.

Miso Ramen @ $10.45
My bowl of noodles; miso is my favorite @ Kintaro.  As a Ramen Lover, I've set the standard quite high.  I like the idea that we can choose the levels of richness of the broth and options of fat or lean pork too.  The broth is the soul of a bowl of Ramen. The broth here was thick, flavorful and rich but not salty at all.  The broth was very hot when serving and still hot enough when I was about to finish it.  I like the noodles the most, the texture was perfect, thick and chewy with strong egg flavors.  I chose lean pork and the chashu was still soft and delicious.  Thumbs up!
 
It was absolutely delicious; totally satisfied my craving and good to know that Kintaro is still doing good!  The lineup waiting outside of the shop seems never ending so it is better to go before or after the rush hours to avoid long waiting time.
 
788 Denman Street, Vancouver  
Kintaro Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment