Saturday, April 4, 2015

604 Just Eat: Dessert @ Chicco Japanese Dessert Cafe

Apr. 3rd, 2015

Chicco Japanese Dessert Cafe @ Downtown

Food:  2/5   Service:  2/5   Atmosphere:  2.5/5   Price: Avg. $8.00

We were in the West End area for dinner so I decided to go Chicco for some desserts.
 I have not been here for a long time. The decoration and setting are different.
They serve more than just Japanese parfaits now. 



It was about 3 years ago at my last visit.  The selection of baked goods and
the Macaroon Ice-cream are new to me.

 The green Tea parfait that I had last time was so good.     
I had way too high expectation on the parfait so I was quite disappointing tonight.

Black Sesame Parfait
Layers of cornflakes, crumbles of sponge cake, fruits, green tea pudding, mochi, red bean paste, macaroon, cookies, whipped cream and black sesame ice-cream
It was a pretty parfait but average taste only.
The small portion of ice-cream with the thin layers of whipped cream was not enough for the ingredients at the bottom which they were dry ingredients like cakes and cornflakes.
It was very hard to mix the ingredients from the top and eat all the way down. 
I would rather to pay more for a regular scoop of ice-cream and more whipped cream, not a "spoon" of ice-cream. 
 
I do not think I will come back for the parfait next time.
Cakes or Macaroon ice-cream, maybe.

1504 Robson St Vancouver, BC V6G1C7 

Chicco on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this was an extremely good post. In concept I have to devote writing this way additionally � taking time and actual effort to make a good article� but what / things I say� I procrastinate alot and by no means often get something accomplished. get redirected here

    ReplyDelete